Monday, July 27, 2009

Costs of ReCrafting

A lot of people have the misconception that Cabinet ReCrafting (Signature's own solid hardwood refacing product line for cabinetry) is cheaper than a cabinet replacement. This assumption is actually pretty false. Recrafting/refacing can actually cost just as much as a full cabinet replacement because the cost of most cabinetry is in the new doors and drawer fronts installed on the existing cabinet frame. There is a great article that talks about refacing and the appropriate costs to have in mind when considering this project. Check out the article on cabinet refacing over at Furniture Reviews by Rissla for more information and expectations on the true costs of refacing!

1 comment:

  1. Great blog! I recently just did some cabinet refacing in my New Jersey home! My vote was for replacing the cabinets but my husband was voting for refacing, I was skeptical but I let him win this battle. I am glad I did because it looks gorgeous! Since we have a very large kitchen, we saved so much money! Although I'm sure there are some horror stories, it is definitely something worth checking out if you are in the market. Thanks for the great blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails